NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 8: My phone is functioning as normal!

Went to Sg. Wang with my parents to repair my phone. The dude said that it's a memory card problem, not a phone problem. He told me to format the memory card. So I bought a card reader and format the memory card at home, and my phone is OK now. Yay!

Had lunch at Nandos. I'm sick of Nandos. Couldn't finish my food. But the peri wedges was still yummy though.

Went to ISetan. Bought a maroon-coloured shirt to wear to work, and a pair of grey pants. My mum used to complain about the fact that I always wear jeans to work. I didn't exactly wear jeans. The design of the pants was like a jeans (with the label at the waistband and all that) but the fabric isn't denim. It's curduroy (do I spell it right?). But whatever, it's pointless arguing with my mum about fashion so I bought a pair of formal workwear pants just to satisfy her.

I've found some ways on how to motivate myself to enjoy my job. Whenever I'm facing an obstacle, I will just remind myself of:

1) The pay... Always remember that you get paid five times more that what your father used to give you!!!

2) Free flight tickets

3) Free medical plus insurance

4) Free dental

5) The job market is highly competitve nowadays, so you can't quit! Else you will tanam anggur for the rest of your life!

6) There's always weekends to look forward to! And dates with my bf.

7) ...and public holidays.

8) I have my annual leave...plus that in-lieu leave thingy.

Honestly, I don't know for how long money and benefits can motivate me. People say in the long run these things won't matter anymore.

No comments: