NEWSFLASH

Oversharing with the Internet since 2007

Monday, November 10, 2008

Applying for intership

Now everyone is busy looking for internships.

I'm being my usual lazy self. I haven't type my resume, my application letter, everything! Everyone else had applied, I think. Today, I've only started calling some companies to enquire if they offer placements for interships. I don't wanna send in my applications straight away. I only have five confirmation letters from Uniten. So I can only apply for five companies right now.

I've tried contacting some small companies but they don't need interns (coz they couldn't afford to pay!). I don't like how they answer the phone either. It's like they haven't eaten for a week.

Hmm...there's one thing I learnt today. Most major companies have vacancies for interships, but they're very particular about your CGPA. When I called them they usually ask what's my CGPA. If your CGPA is above 3.0, you're OK. If you're from Uniten, it's even better. Haha. Just kidding.

One disadvantage of applying for big companies: less chance of getting placement as lots of people are applying too.

No comments: